From flying military aircraft to helping our veterans during career transition.
Jim Carman: Retired Navy Captain and Director of Transition Center at MOAA
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Importance of mentorship
- Soft skills that are transferable to any type of job
- Services that are offered by Military Officers Association of America
- 535,000 unemployed veterans as of March numbers from Bureau of Labor Statistics
- 380 applications for every posted job. Importance of having a market ready resume.
- Expanding your Network- 1 contact a day
- Message to Employers- look at military experience in place of 4 year degree
Links & Resources mentioned in this Podcast:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us. Have some feedback you’d like to share or a question you’d like to ask? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
Also, please leave an honest review for The MWP Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates and also sign up for my newsletter so you don’t miss out on more resources, tips, and trainings!
Until next time!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS